Real quick, I wanted to let you know about something I’m pretty proud of. It’s my first e-book, titled “DIY Websites For Bands & Artists”, and if you’ve been on the fence about getting an “official” website for yourself, your band, or your small business, I think this book could help you.
A bit of background:
When I started this website, I did it for the simple reasons that a) I really liked filming my friends bands, and b) I wanted to give something back to my local music scene in Madison, WI.
I really didn’t know what I wanted to give back, but I knew being involved felt right and I was in able to shed a small light on the talented people around me.
My skills expanded, my scope got bigger, and I started offering web services to my music friends, doing my best to find ways to keep my offerings in a comfortable price range for independent musicians. After all, I’ve played in bands since my teens, went to school for music production, and I know exactly how tough it is to make a buck in the world of music.
Since then I’ve figured out a few things about myself, including:
- I am happiest with my work life when I’m creating new things, whether it’s video, music, or any of the other realms I dabble in. When I’m in that zone, the problems of the world disappear.
- I’m next-happiest in my work-life when I find myself sharing what I’ve learned with other people. This is huge for me. I never used to think of myself as the teaching sort, but I discovered that sharing what I learn puts a big stupid grin on my face.
Putting those two things together led me to write my first e-book “DIY Websites For Bands & Artists”.
Basically, I’ve distilled the process of building a website down to a step-by-step guide that strips out the need for programming skills, and keeps cost to an absolute minimum.
And I’m not talking about a run-of-the-mill blog either; If you go through the steps in this book you will have a killer website on your own hosting account, with all the features you might need to step up your web game.
Here’s a few things it covers:
- Where to find affordable, trustworthy hosting
- Install WordPress
- Create new Pages, Blog Posts, and Menus
- Customize your page layout
- Find and install awesome themes (skins) for free or cheap
- Find and install awesome plugins for free or cheap
- And keep your content safe with backups
Not bad for free :)
So here’s what I’d like you to do:
- Get your free copy by signing up for email updates. I’ll send you the latest posts, offers, and subscriber-only extras straight to your inbox once a week, plus the free book (PDF format). There’s a sign-up form on the front page of this site, plus one at the bottom of this post.
- I’d love it if you shared the book with people you know that would benefit from it. Got friends in bands? Give it to them. If you want to send them here so they can get in on the updates too, awesome, but feel free to share the book no strings attached.
- Send me feedback. I have this crazy idea about making JoeGuerilla an insanely useful resource for musicians, so let me know how I’m doing, what you thought of the book, and what you’d like to see covered in updated versions of the book and new blog posts.
Eventually I plan on offering even more in-depth training and resources, so the more I learn about what you need, the better material I can offer later.